We are a Patient-Centered Medical Home
MEHOP Family Medicine – Bay City provides health care as a recognized Patient-Centered Medical Home.
What it means to be a Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Our patients get to choose their primary care provider from our selection of Medical Doctors (MD), Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. Our selection of Family Medicine providers can be viewed on our website at www.mehop.org.
- Our primary care providers:
- Treat the whole person including preventative, acute, and chronic care.
- Treat all ages of patients including pediatric, adult, and geriatric.
- Coordinate all aspects of care and can refer you to specialists, emergency rooms, or hospitals, if needed, and will track your care outside of MEHOP.
- We see all patients without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or the ability to pay.
The environment of the Patient-Centered Medical Home
- We believe in same day appointments so you can often be seen the same day you call with a new health concern.
- We make sure that you can obtain clinical advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. During clinic hours you can call our main number at 979-245-2008, After clinic hours our on-call nursing staff can be reached at 979-318-9853, or you can send a secure message to your provider through your patient portal account.
- We track all imaging and laboratory tests until they are completed, and review the results.
- If you have a complex medical condition, we will develop an individualized plan of care specifically for you.
- We will involve you in self-management and shared decision-making related to your health conditions.
- We utilize advanced health information systems including electronic health records to manage your care. If you receive care from any MEHOP provider outside of your MEHOP primary care provider, they will be able to access and review your medical history to provide continuity of care.
- We believe in using evidence-based medicine in selecting tests and treatments.
- We are committed to measuring the quality of our care and comparing our performance to other heath centers and national standards.
- Primary care provided by a Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Behavioral Health Services including counseling and medication management.
- Oral Health care provided by our team of Dentists and Dental Hygienists.
- Medical Records management by requesting medical records if you have receive care at another location such as emergency room, urgent care, hospital, etc.
- We can assist you with identifying and securing a health insurance plan that fits your needs and budget.
- Our Community Health Workers provide information/education on prescribed medications, various medical diagnosis’s, and disease prevention utilizing shared decision-making and self management tools.
To learn more about MEHOP and all services visit our website at www.mehop.org.