MEHOP Family Medicine provides COVID-19 testing for the residents of Matagorda and Wharton Counties.
If you or someone in your care believes they have a medical condition which may be related to COVID-19 and would like to use MEHOP services the following steps must be taken before arriving at the clinic:
- Contact our clinic first about seeking medical attention and/or testing at 979-245-2008. Walk-in visits are discouraged and may put others at risk.
- Calling ahead allows our medical providers to help the patient gain access to the most appropriate care in the fastest, safest way possible.
- During the phone call the patient will be screened to see if they meet testing criteria.
- If testing criteria are met, the patient will be given further instructions for arriving at the clinic.
Criteria for COVID-19 testing:
- People who are experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other respiratory conditions.
- Had close contact with anyone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19.
Clinic locations and hours are:
- Wharton – 10141 U.S. Hwy. 59, Ste. A. (located within OakBend Hospital’s Wharton campus at the back of the building). Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
- Bay City – 1700 Golden Ave. Monday – Friday 8am-8:30pm, Saturday’s 7am-4:30pm and Sunday’s 8am- 12pm.
- Palacios – 307 Green Ave. Ste. A (same location as Palacios Medical Clinic). Tuesday’s and Thursday’s 8am – 6pm.
COVID-19 Testing/Lab Fees
- Matagorda County (LabCorp) – $51 full price for the PCR COVID test, discounts may apply.
- Wharton County (CPL Labs) – $70 full price for the PCR COVID test, discounts may apply.
- Testing/Lab fees for any patient that is below 200% of poverty level will be waived.
- Patients with insurance, fees will be charged to their insurance carrier.