If you are currently covered by Medicare or will be in the near future, there are some interesting facts about MEHOP that you may not be aware of.
- MEHOP accepts Medicare and Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Medicare waives the Part B deductible for covered services at MEHOP because we are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
- Medicare waives patient cost-sharing requirements for most Medicare covered preventive services
- MEHOP offers prescription assistance and savings programs that are only available through FQHC’s
- MEHOP offers Case Management services to assist patients with referrals for specialists and diagnostic testing
- MEHOP always accepts new Medicare patients
- MEHOP offers discounts on fees for services based on household income, if eligible, for non-Medicare covered services such as Dental
- MEHOP has three clinical locations in Bay City and offers five types of primary healthcare services; Family Medical, Family Dental, Behavioral Health (counseling & psychiatry), OB/GYN, and Pediatrics
- MEHOP offers discount eye exam vouchers and discounted costs for eye glasses
- MEHOP offers free transportation to MEHOP appointments (lab and eligibility only appointments excluded)
- MEHOP Family Medical has extended hours until 9pm Monday – Friday and is also open on Saturdays and Sundays.
- MEHOP has an after hours on-call number patients can use to contact a nurse after hours should a medical question arise
- MEHOP is a recognized Patient – Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance
To learn more about MEHOP visit www.mehop.org. To contact us call 979-245-2008.