Safe Riders Child Safety Seat Distribution and Education Program
- Works with families to reduce the number of motor vehicle crash (MVC) injuries and fatalities to children in Texas who are unrestrained.
- Eligibility requirements for receiving a seat: Family must be low-income, One of the child's primary caregivers must attend a 1-hour class about child passenger safety,Someone in the household must have a vehicle.
- Pregnant women in their last trimester are encouraged to participate. Safe Riders does not provide "infant carriers" but provides convertible seats which can be used rear-facing for young children and then can be converted to forward-facing use when appropriate. Booster seats for older children are also available. Assistance is designed to be one-time only.
Discounted eye exams and glasses
- $10 Eye exam vouchers are available for MEHOP patients every Monday. Vouchers are limited and available on a first come first serve basis.
- Eye glasses are also available at discounted prices. MEHOP offers a variety of stylish frames to choose from.
Free Books for children
- Children receive a free book after their pediatric appointments. We have books for all ages. Books also available in Spanish.
Discount Prescription Programs
- MEHOP offers two prescription savings programs to assist all our sliding fee qualified patients with prescription costs; Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) and the 340B Program. Through PAP, prescriptions are ordered and delivered directly to MEHOP at which time patients are notified and come to MEHOP to pick up their prescriptions. With the 340B Program, patients can receive their medications through participating pharmacies at the 340B discount rates.
- Transportation for our patients is available for MEHOP Doctor/Dentist appointments. Eligibility and appointments for lab work are excluded. Appointments must be made in advance and can be scheduled by calling 979-216-8971. Car seats must be used as required by law for children and are the parents responsibility to provide for transportation.
Medicaid Enrollment Services
- For the convenience of our patients, MEHOP is a designated site location by The Texas Department of Health and Human Services for an out-stationed Medicaid Enrollment Specialist. If you are a patient and interested in Medicaid eligibility, want to learn how you can get Mediciad or just need to re-enroll in services including Medicaid, CHIPS and SNAP please contact MEHOP to schedule an appointment with our Enrollment Specialist.
- Appointment follow-up, healthcare referrals, guidance to local resources.
Market Place Enrollment
- Certified Market Place Enrollment specialists are available to assist not only our patients but anyone in the community who needs help with choosing and enrollment in the available health insurance plans.
Free Diabetes Health Education Classes
- Informative program designed to educate diabetics and/or family members on self management techniques. Classes are offered in English and Spanish.